Friday, February 27, 2004

All the argument over the Passion really comes down to understanding the role of resources and being secure in your beliefs and willing to challenge yourself. Just because I read a book by a charismatic or some other maligned evangelist doesn't mean I am lining up with them theologically. You have to take things for what they are worth.
The Passion is not patently un-Biblical, neither is it inherantly Catholic, nor is it anti-Semetic. People have read their biases into the film and condemned it accordingly.
BTW, I saw it and was glad I saw it. It was not as shocking as I had thought, but it was definately intense. There were a few extra-Biblical scenes put in and Mary got alot of screen time but these mostly served to fill out the story, although I suppose I could have done without the Satan guy.