Monday, February 16, 2004

I like what was posted in the Secret Radio blog: We, as Christians, are ones for who Christ died. This is the highest station in life. He is our glory. To be proud of anything else is arrogance.
Our life is hid with Christ in God!!
The life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me!!!
Come boldly to the throne of grace... find grace to help in time of need!!!!
When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory!!!!!
And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me!!!!!!
For me to live is Christ, and to die is gain!!!!!!!
Christ is my life, and He is the life, the true life, for every Christian! Not in a metaphorical way, but in a true, literal, real way! For me to live is Christ- take this literally!

Commitment is the mark of mature Christianity. In the local paper here in Virginia Beach we have religion section with a column by a woman who I really disagree with mostly but she made a good point the other day... Our relationship with Christ is like marriage... it starts fantastically, every day rejoicing in the presence of the other and wanting to be close... then the problems happen and sometimes you are not as close... but as your marriage continues it transforms more into a relationship of pure commitment. Do the times of fantastic presence and great rejoicing cease? No! They still happen. But they are icing on the cake... the commitment of the two partners becomes the core of the relationship. But my relationship, or marriage, with Christ is even better, because I am promised that even when I do not believe, He abides faithful!! He cannot deny Himself! We are one! And I find that although I wish He would show up more often, that in the times when it really counts, in the times when I am really on the line, he is faithful to show up and take care of me. May I model the example of Christ when the time comes for me to minister to the wife which God will give to me.

No comments: