I sometimes wish I had been born 30-35 years earlier than I was.
- I could've joined in with the cultural revolution,
- Rocked out to the Beatles, and other classic rock, -live-,
- Tried out the whole hippie thing,
- Joined some revolutionary group,
- Been around for the infancy of mass computing (early computer kits, big mainframes)
- Enjoyed America as it was before Nixon and Reagan screwed it up
As it is, my generation is facing a pending international crisis that will resolve into necessary civic conformity (think post-WWII America before the counter-culture). Oh well. I can't wait until this next decade (2010-2020) is over and we can truly get on with whatever the "new normal" will turn out to be.