Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Mind Trap

Anyone out there care to comment on this?

Whilst eating lunch, I considered my disdain for personal evangelism.
The pastor summed it up perfectly the Sunday before last when he told us about a man who said that Christianity wasn't worth it. Since he gave up on Christianity, his life has been going smooth. But while he was a Christian, he was always struggling.
This is Biblical. As Christians, we are promised trials and testing, and are admonished in Scripture to not consider it strange.

So here's the mind trap.

So why would I recommend Christianity to someone given that is the case?

The inevitable answer from my Christian friends: so they don't end up in hell.

My inevitable reply: so Christianity is just about escaping from hell?

What say you?

No comments: