Problem: You log into the Adobe Cloud and select to install an application but wind up with a "Download Error"
1. Completely exit the Adobe Cloud app.
2. Enable root user per https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204012
3. Log out of OSX (not just switch user, you need to log out)
4. Log into to Mac as root and whatever password you set in the first step
5. Log into the Adobe Cloud app and select to install the application.
6. When the download gets to at least 1%, cancel it and log out.
7. Log back in with your normal account and you should be able to install the applications from Adobe Cloud now.